Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#146568 02/21/03 05:24 PM
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
I am interested:
Is it true that those of the Jewish faith are waiting for the Christ?
Do you believe in sin?

Tatiana Erochenko
Russian Culture
Biology
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#146569 03/14/03 12:45 PM
Traditionally in the Jewish faith, we are waiting for Messiah to come. We do believe in sin, and in personal responsibility for sin. On Yim Kippur, we repent of our sins against G-d, and it is out own responsibility to repent of sins committed against other people to those people directly.
- Paula

Quote:
Originally posted by Franki:
[qb] I am interested:
Do you believe in sin? [/qb]

Judaism @ BellaOnline.com
http://judaism.bellaonline.com
#146570 06/29/06 05:10 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Quote:
I am interested:
Do you believe in sin?

Mais non, we get to do anything we want! Just kidding. Paula's answer is, of course, very good. I'd just like to add that one aspect (among many) of Judaism is that we don't place quite the emphasis on the "other world" where we'll go when we die. Some religions justify their violence because they say they will be rewarded when they die. Christians, of course, believe that to be rewarded in the afterlife, one has to believe. Jews, on the other hand, don't think it's so terribly important what religion a person is or what he believes, but rather it's how we act in this world and how we treat others.

#146571 07/14/06 08:54 PM
C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
Quote:
Quote:
I am interested:
Do you believe in sin?

Mais non, we get to do anything we want! Just kidding. Paula's answer is, of course, very good. I'd just like to add that one aspect (among many) of Judaism is that we don't place quite the emphasis on the "other world" where we'll go when we die. Some religions justify their violence because they say they will be rewarded when they die. Christians, of course, believe that to be rewarded in the afterlife, one has to believe. Jews, on the other hand, don't think it's so terribly important what religion a person is or what he believes, but rather it's how we act in this world and how we treat others.

I like the way jewish people think in regards to how religion is not the important part but rather how one treats people here and now.Sounds good to me.

#146572 09/16/06 06:13 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
New question.

As the Christian Bible is always being attacked as not being inspired by God and since a large portion of it is from the Jewish Scriptures how do you answer such a question?

Carennedy #296582 03/04/07 02:04 PM
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C

Historically, this has not stopped Jews from acting terribly. There is a jewish holiday, I'm not sure which one, where we celebrate a victory in battle. What was the battle? Let me explain...

There were 2 groups who hated eachother, one of them was Jewish. There were 2 young people who fell in love and wanted to get married (sound familiar?) The girl was the daughter of the Jewish military leader in charge. She fell in love with the young military leader of the opposing group. The marriage was forbidden because he was not Jewish (that was the reason given to the girl.) The guy was willing to convert, and as a gesture of his total committment, not only was he circumcised, but so was the rest of his army. They were promised 7 days of peace/no fighting to recover from this very painful surgery.

While they were recovering, the Jewish military led by the girl's father attacked them and destroyed their entire army, including the guy she loved. And that's how we get this Jewish holiday (I can't remember which one) and this is what we teach our children. To celebrate this victory, let's eat!!!

It's anyone's guess how they explained it to the poor girl, that part didn't get recorded in history. But for 6,000 years, we continue to celebrate this holiday because it was a huge success and because we're so smart!

Can someone please tell me what the holiday is?

chillin #301531 03/22/07 01:38 PM
S
S
There is no such holiday. The story you refer to is the Biblical story of Dina. The fictionalized account of this story is in the book "The Red Tent" by Anita Diament. There is *no* Jewish holiday or celebration to commemorate this event.

Shalomyall #301901 03/23/07 07:34 PM
Amoeba
Amoeba

~Shalom~

True Jews are waiting for the political Redeemeer; daily we Jewish women rememebr the Blessed Land praying for the Peace of Jerusalem.*a fundamental JOB of all Jewish women*

What is the reason for NOT beliving? Look at the news..do YOU see PEACE on the horizon? or do you wirness the conflict?

the Dead Sea Scrolls DO say that the land must be trampled underfoot of the Gentiles BEFORE the Coming of Messiah.
Tourism has overtaken the Christian marketing Of Messianic GentileJudaism.

Whatever tolerant position G-d has chosen to display shall one day beremoved for the Hope Of Israel to Arise.

The faithful do carefully weigh the seasons and he times; can anyonedare to be in denial of so great a goodness ? The promises of G-d are faithful AND true.

May we each look confidently to a bright and blessed future forgetting not the desire of G-d to Redeem the perishing.

ShabbatShalom

askarabbi@yahoo.com

be fitly blessed,
aTeeDAZ

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.