logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Are there any members who belong to mainline denominations such as the United Church of Christ, the United Methodist Church, the American Baptist Church, and the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship?

Barrett
Bellaonline's Astrology Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Hi Barrett,

I myself, do not belong to any denomination of Christianity. I call myself a follower of Jesus Christ. There are many Christians who do find a home in a particular denominatin tho and thats OK. My Grandmother was an active member of her Baptist church. There is a Baptist site here at bella Edited by a wonderful woman. You could check it out.

I guess I could be called an "extreme" Christian in that I closely follow the teachings of Chrsit directly from the Bible.

I am a member of the United Methodist Church. My church accepts everyone but it is very Bible based and we strive to be Christ-like. I was raised Lutheran and Bapitist. I became Methodist this year. My church has a website www.gracecapecoral.com. The pastor will tell you if you are living in sin you need to get your life in order.

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Quote:
Originally posted by jennarobinson:
[qb] Hi Barrett,

I myself, do not belong to any denomination of Christianity. I call myself a follower of Jesus Christ. There are many Christians who do find a home in a particular denominatin tho and thats OK. My Grandmother was an active member of her Baptist church. There is a Baptist site here at bella Edited by a wonderful woman. You could check it out.

I guess I could be called an "extreme" Christian in that I closely follow the teachings of Chrsit directly from the Bible. [/qb]
Hi Jenna!

Most people are not so denominational. Most are more spiritual than religious. I find attending a church does provide the communal element that increases spiritual bonds.

I am checking out many sites and will visit that one you mention too! Thank you!

Blessings Abounding!

Barrett
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Quote:
Originally posted by cici420:
[qb] I am a member of the United Methodist Church. My church accepts everyone but it is very Bible based and we strive to be Christ-like. I was raised Lutheran and Bapitist. I became Methodist this year. My church has a website www.gracecapecoral.com. The pastor will tell you if you are living in sin you need to get your life in order. [/qb]
That is cool that you enjoy your church services and membership! So many denominations are cming into kinship and union with one another now, because they are realizing that 1) people have backgrounds like you where they were raised in different denominations and 2) these Christian denomination are so very similar.

I am mainline Christian, and view the Hebrew and Greek scriptures as infallible , but not inerrant. I find a lot about those texts to eb quite beautiful....especially the songs (psalms) and the poetry and wisdom sayings. Ever read The Wisdom of Sirach or the Book of Judith? And I love the story of Deborah the Judge.

Barrett
I am 38 now and I enjoy belonging to a church for the sake of my niece especially. The youth groups are great places for teenagers. They plan so many things. I love the fact that they have missions trips for the teens. My niece thought she was raised poor when she lived with just my sister. By going on missions trips she realized that there are children who are really poor and their families need help.
I read and study the Bible and I take the sermon on Sunday as my motivational class.
Churches fail because they are Sunday only churches. It is a proven fact that if a person does not get involved in a smaller group that after a year they quit going all together.
Going through all of the hurricane stuff down here it made me realize why it is important to belong to a church. Grace opened it's doors to the community. You could eat there, sleep there, get out of the heat, or have someone listen to you. The men and women of the church were out in the community the next day helping people. My family was given a brand new generator to use from a stranger. I saw the best of people. If there was a terrorist attack, a natural disaster the first place I would head to is church.
No church is perfect but at least it is a group of people trying to get better.
I have not always been open to churches. I think you have to shop around. A church can be between two people studying and praying at home. It's all about the Christian Fellowship.

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.