logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ptahiti Offline OP
OP Offline
Could you suggest some links, that might be helpful, in keeping up on the latest findings, or that have completed Stage III trials that are about ready to be submitted to FDA for approval?
Thanks,
ptahiti

Pam Coombes, Inflammatory Breast Cancer,Advocate
Sponsored Post Advertisement
ptahiti,
My wife has been diagnosed with metastastic breast cancer. She was first diagnosed three years ago, underwent surgery, chemo and radiation. After almost two years of what we thought was remission, it returned...in the form of tumors attaching themselves to here bones. She's had a few of them and is now undergoing chemo and radiation treatments again. We live in San Antonio, Texas. I always use the following website to research what's going on with her.

http://mysanantonio.healthology.com/focus_index.asp?b=MySanAntonio

Once logged on, use the Select a Topic scrolldown to select Breast Cancer. There you will find allot of info. It's kind of nice being in the SA area, for it is where the annual Breast Cancer Convention of Doctors is held. Let me know what you think.
AL

ptahiti Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HogRiderAl:
[qb] ptahiti,
My wife has been diagnosed with metastastic breast cancer. She was first diagnosed three years ago, underwent surgery, chemo and radiation. After almost two years of what we thought was remission, it returned...in the form of tumors attaching themselves to here bones. She's had a few of them and is now undergoing chemo and radiation treatments again. We live in San Antonio, Texas. I always use the following website to research what's going on with her.

http://mysanantonio.healthology.com/focus_index.asp?b=MySanAntonio

Once logged on, use the Select a Topic scrolldown to select Breast Cancer. There you will find allot of info. It's kind of nice being in the SA area, for it is where the annual Breast Cancer Convention of Doctors is held. Let me know what you think.
AL [/qb]
Hi Al,

So sorry to hear about your wife's re-occurence of breast cancer and I pray this treatment will be the last she will have to endure.
I am impressed with you keep up on the latest going on with this nasty disease.

Thank you for directing me to that wonderful site.
Yes, you are very fortunate to live in TX. I was just reading about the recent Symposium held in San Antonio on another site.

I too have breast cancer, but it is called Inflammatory Breast Cancer. I have chemo then will have my surgery at the end of the month, then more chemo and radiation. What type of breast cancer does your wife have, if you don't mind me asking?

Your wife and I are both fortunate, to have such supportive husband's!

Best to both of you,

Pam

Pam Coombes, Inflammatory Breast Cancer,Advocate
Pam,
My wife has invasive agressive breast cancer. She is in Stage 4 due to the size of the tumor and it's recent spreading. She was on Tamoxifen because her HER2 receptors originally tested positive for hormone treatments, however, with her recent biopsies and non-response to treatment, she was taken off. Right now her treatments consist of Herceptin, Taxel and Carbo (not sure if I'm spelling those right).

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. We'll be sure and add you to ours. Please drop me a line if you or your husband have any questions or just want to vent. I'll let you know if I hear of any new treatments, therapies or miracle drugs that may come out.

Stay strong for yourself, your family and especially your husband. We men may be tough on the outside, but allot of it is for our better halves. I know the situation you are in and that it takes both of you staying strong to keep each other going and thinking positive.

Best wishes,
AL

Moderated by  Gail A - AW&BC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.