Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
childrenlove, KAMI, Betty6123, nigarnigar, vebuskeder
57302 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57302 Members
417 Forums
113267 Topics
803577 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 574
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 374
Beetlemess 299
Jana - Creativity Editor 243
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 83
Nancy Roussy 56
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 55
Dorcie's 53
Sandra Investing/HFinance 51
Linu 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#142767 - 03/12/04 02:24 AM Anyone here had a SS pub'd?
barrie roper Offline

Loc: United kingdom
Just curious about that...anyone have a short story published?

I sort of did...I received a check for $10 measely dollars and it referenced a short story I wrote. Problem? i never sumbitted it anywhere other than the place I workshop it -- Zoetrope Studio's. Manna from heaven?

Other than that, I've not submitted my stories anywhere yet-- at least not until yesterday (cross your fingers for me!)
~k

Add Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Twitter Add Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Facebook Add Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to MySpace Add Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Del.icio.us Digg Anyone here had a SS pub'd? Add Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Yahoo My Web Add Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Google Bookmarks Add Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Stumbleupon Add Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Reddit
#142768 - 04/14/04 04:17 AM Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd?
Jeanette - Editor Offline
Chipmunk

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio
Fingers crossed. I want to be an author, but I'm not ready to get my work published.

Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Twitter Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Facebook Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to MySpace Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Reddit
#142769 - 08/15/04 01:00 AM Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd?
beachmolly Offline

Loc: Seaide Oregon
I feel the same way i have over 30 short stories i have written since i was 18 and i have them all in a box put up lol but i would love to do something with them i love to write. I just wish i could let people read them i like my work i worry that other people wont plus all my stories are childrens stories.

Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Twitter Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Facebook Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to MySpace Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? to Reddit
#142770 - 10/05/04 03:24 PM Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd?
Zee Offline
Amoeba

Good luck, Karen, and good muses. Zoetrope is a good place to start, certainly. There are many good literary ezines on the Web. Writer's Market and Writer's Digest are excellent places (online and print versions) to search for markets just right for you!

Zee

#142774 - 07/28/06 10:24 AM Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd?
connyfrances Offline

i never published any myself but i knew a lady who taught at a large university who published short stories in like REDBOOK and places like that. i think she taught creative writing, i think her name was Margy Kingly or something like that

sincerely
conny

#292925 - 02/16/07 04:36 AM Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? [Re: connyfrances]
Karen - Reading Editor Offline

Loc: Virginia
Yippie..My SS is set to be published online at the Chick Lit review (even though it's not overly chick-lit-y) in March. And I'm getting paid decently for it! I'll post the link when it goes live.

Other than this story, I've had one other published in True Confessions magazine, which just goes to prove that their stories are not all TRUE! That one paid even better, and I really should write something else to send them. But my muse wants to take the high ground...and write something worthy of putting on my pub credits list!
Get Bookwise

#293983 - 02/21/07 12:51 PM Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? [Re: Karen - Reading Editor]
Chel - MP3/iTunes Editor Offline
Gecko

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Karen:

When you published in True Confessions, did they have you use a pen name?

I am intriqued, not all of those stories are true? Makes me feel less boring. Tee Hee.

I have been published online and in several lit journals.

Chel

#297531 - 03/07/07 07:06 PM Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? [Re: Chel - MP3/iTunes Editor]
Karen - Reading Editor Offline

Loc: Virginia
Hi Chel...

Sadly, I didn't get a byline at all...and they changed all the names in my story as well as the title...but hey, I got paid a nice chunk and I got a free copy of the mag it was in...

Yeah, it's one market that is good for newer writers, because you don't have to have impressive credentials to get published, just a saucy story :-)

BTW, my short story went live March 1.It was a bit of a departure for me. First of all, it is in First person, which is harder to do for several reasons, and secondly, the entire story is told in just a few minutes through a series of painting. I rewrote the bugger multiple times, in different tenses, POV's etc.

~K.

Edited by siobhain (11/24/07 01:06 PM)
Get Bookwise

#320725 - 06/09/07 03:24 AM Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? [Re: barrie roper]
BristolSquare Offline

Loc: usa
After wallpapering our office with rejection slips - decided to approach the short story market as a do-it-yourself project. Check out what my wife (Brenda - aka Amanda Bristol - romance short story author)and I are doing. If your stories are "g-rated" and fit our genres - maybe we can help get your stories in one of our maga"Zines" or help you start a short story maga"Zine" of your own and co-op.
PS - did I mention - only g-rated accepted/considered?

Edited by inspirangel one (11/25/07 11:13 AM)

#356085 - 11/25/07 11:18 AM Re: Anyone here had a SS pub'd? [Re: BristolSquare]
BellaShorts Offline
Chipmunk

Loc: England
Sort of - Self-published anyway.

I got all my stories together as a chapbook and published them through on-demand publishing. I have sold quite a few but only through family and friends. I am working hard on filling the book with the rest of my stories, and published one as an e-book. (See my Dead Nun's Shoes book blog here on Forum if interested in "how I did it.")

A couple of others were taken by Websites. I got paid for them, but haven't seen them.

It's a slow process!

Siobhain

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Message from PastPerfect
by kimkenney
Museums
52 minutes 3 seconds ago
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by "Rosie"
Comedy Movies
58 minutes 0 seconds ago
Music ABC game
by "Rosie"
Pop Music
Today at 02:51 PM
How to Memorize Scripture
by Sunnie - Bible Basics
Bible Basics
Today at 01:14 PM
What Did You Write Today?
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Fiction Writing
Today at 12:05 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 12:02 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Today at 12:02 PM
Name a Classic Toy Game
Creativity
Today at 11:56 AM
I went NUTS last week!
Home Cooking
Today at 11:55 AM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 11:54 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.