logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#142537 01/07/04 03:01 PM
OP Offline
Hi!
I'm Denise, I have 3 kids and we are ready for academic achievement test (?)What is the best why to go about this testing I need some help I'm at a lost here?

Thanks

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#142538 01/12/04 09:09 PM
Greetings!! I am not the host but I am a fellow homeschooler! My children are 13, 9 and 6 months old.

Does your state require testing? If so, perhaps the school board in your area can give you info.

#142539 02/01/04 04:05 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
WEll, the first thing is to find out if your kids need testing. It depends on what state you live in. Some require annual testing, some semi-annual, some only in certain grades, and some have non-test alternatives. I live in Florida where testing is an option, one we don't choose. We pick the portfolio review option.
Check out http://www.hslda.org for your state laws.

That said, most states require tests to be administered by someone other than the parent, usually a certified teacher. You may be able to have the kids go to a school to take a test, or the SAT if they are old enough. Some states require you to use a certain tests, some just require you to use a "standardized test".

There are test companies that sell standardized tests and will score them. There are also stand. tests sold by some curriculum suppliers. The problem is that many companies won't even consider selling you the test unless you are a certified teacher.

If testing is mandatory I suggest you find a large local or state-wide support group, ask the parents there where they get and have their tests administered.

As a last resort you can contact the local school dist. and try to have your child sit in on a test there (that's common practice here in FL).

In our local support group we have a few certified teachers who now homeschool. They are eager to administer tests and do our evals for about $35.

Take care,
Meg

Meg
The World is Our Classroom!
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.