logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MM Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
What are the three most important things you do to help your children follow in the footsteps of your faith?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I don't think parents should have their children follow their faith. I think their beliefs should be left up to them. As for a younger child it's different.

MM Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
My parents allowed me to make my own choices about religion, and I wish they hadn't. For sixteen years, I was left without church, and I really wanted to go, even as a child. I wanted someone to say, "Here is what I believe. We're going to live this way and I hope when you're an adult, you'll think it's a good way to live and choose it for yourself." Interestingly, even though I didn't follow the religions of either parent--neither was active in his or her own church--I chose one that reflected their values. But I would still rather have grown up in a church, one I shared with my parents, even if I changed it later. I look at the little children I teach at church and see how secure they are because they have a stable set of values in their home. I think it builds unity in a family to have everyone sharing a faith.

One way I think parents can share their faith is to simply live it. I think children learn the power of faith by watching their parents in action. When the family is afraid, and the child sees her parents immediately kneel to pray for courage, and then show peace when they finish, the child learns more than he ever will from a sermon.

One way I think parents can share their faith is to simply live it. I think children learn the power of faith by watching their parents in action. When the family is afraid, and the child sees her parents immediately kneel to pray for courage, and then show peace when they finish, the child learns more than he ever will from a sermon. from Terrie

This is what I think works best...my son is 14 now and I think hehas learned more from watching me practice my faith, giving the glory to God adn praying than he ever would have if he had been lectured by someone he couldn't observe. When we saw the Passion movie, my son came to me with his questions and his statements of his own faith. He didn't go outside of the fmaily. I think if more parents become aware of the influence they have in their childrens lives more of them would stand up and openly declare their faith. "Children learn what they live" remember this proverb?

Moderated by  C.S. Bezas, LDS Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.