logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#137562 06/17/04 10:13 AM
OP Offline
I have a friend who is having trouble attending his priesthood meetings. He regularly attends sacrament and for the most part sunday school, but he is having trouble attending priesthood mainly because he does not feel like he fits into the group. We both attend the same singles branch. I feel it is important for him to attend priesthood, but I don't know of a good way to encourage him to go. It is very frustrating because I know the importance of attending those meetings. I know he must make his own choices but as a friend I feel the need to encourage him to go to his meetings. Do you have any ideas of ways I can help him?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#137563 06/19/04 05:35 PM
MM Offline
Shark
Shark
I've moved a lot, and sometimes I move into a ward where I don't feel like I fit in for whatever reason. Over the years, I've learned that the problem is with me, not the others. The better I get to know people--and I mean really get to know them, beyond what is obvious--the more friends I make. I have to make the effort though. Try encouraging your friend to look around for one person he doesn't know well, and make an effort to get to know that person. Find out everything he can about them, and keep a list of the good things he learns. Then learn about someone else. If nothing else, this process, which requires him to sit with someone he doesn't already know, keeps him interested and curious.

When all else fails, I remind myself that I don't go to church for the people, I go for God. He should be there simply because God told him to be there, so he can learn to honor his priesthood. And if he's single and looking....women really do notice things like that. My daughter once gave a Sacrament Meeting talk on why girls prefer boys who honor their priesthood. She mentioned that if they don't honor their commitment to their priesthood, how can she be sure they will honor their committment to her? So if he's looking for an LDS girl, he'd best show he isn't the sort who will go inactive when the going gets tough.

#137564 09/02/04 03:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i can tell you about my experience why im not active ! Our family moved to wyoming ....we had been there almost 5 years .....a family living down the road from us has kids the same age as mine they know each other and are friendly towards one another . my husband and i had gone to church kids were at my moms in idaho . This guy lived down the street , came over to my husband and i during sacrament meeting ...stuck his hand out and introduced himself !! I was in shock ! he actted like he didnt know who i was or my husband ... I kept on listening to my meeting because he had interupted me from listening to it ....and then i heard him ask my husband what our name was!! WOW did that hit me wrong. But i guess he felt like he was doing his duty ! altho we did go to church every sunday and i assumed he knew us i mean he could see oour house from his house our kids were friends ! See, to me this is why many members stray ....This man actted like he was better then us......i feel we have to be careful and let the lord do the judging !! We have since moved to utah and i have met many manynice people we are not active but im still a good person and so is my husband .......

Moderated by  C.S. Bezas, LDS Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.