Print Thread
#131728 01/02/05 10:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Year's resolution... to lose at least 20 lbs. A year ago I worked in a very physically demanding occupation, walked a lot, lifted heavy objects, and was constantly on the move. I had lost 30 lbs, from 170 to 140, and was quite happy with my new and improved shape. Well, in February of last year, I slipped on the ice and had a big fall, just like humpty dumpty.. cracked open my head, i.e. concusion, cracked a rib or two, banged up my tail bone, and generally wiped myself out for about two months of recuperation. During that time, and of course it being winter, and too cold to do any walking, I ate comfort foods at the computer. My comfort level increased back up to 170 lbs. I left the job I was at, and found a new job, which is moderately physical, and now I find myself longing for that toned and sleek body once again.

I have found that for me.. sugar is the biggest culprit. If I look at at a cupcake, my thighs increase two inches. But.. sugar is addicting, and alas is my comfort food. So, my resolution is to give up sugar, except for the natural sugars found in fruits. I also added apple cider vinegar tablets to my diet, and believe it or not, in just a week, I have seen a difference. To find out more about apple cider vinegar you can check out the article at the alternative medicine site. Bee pollen also had been found to be beneficial for weight loss. There is an article on that on the AM site also. BUT.. when it comes right down to it, the main ingredient in any type of a weight loss program is WILL POWER. Part of it is to find out what foods are the negative body builders for you. With some people it is sugar, with others carbs, and with yet others, a mixture. I cut back on my rations, and have gone cold turkey {literally} with sugar. I find that if I allow myself even one tiny piece of cake, the craving starts all over again, just like those who are addicted to cigarettes or alcohol.

I weighed in this morning at 165 lbs, and this is the first week of the new plan. I will keep you informed of the progress. If anyone out there wants to join in with their own ideas and resolutions, this could be a wonderful support forum for all of us.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#131729 01/09/05 11:03 PM
Two years ago I weighed 95kg. Nothing I tried worked. The weight was continuing to creep on. Then I discoved a natural weightloss program I lost 15 kgs in 15 weeks. Ithink that is around 38lbs. I dropped from a size 20 t a size 12 pants. A lot of my aches and pains disappeared. My energy levels soared. I have kept the weight off and now look and feel so much younger and energetic. If you want more information on how I did it have a look at
www.trimlikeme.net

My aim is to ensure everyone reaches their optimal weight and body shape.
http://trimlikeme.net/?refid=bw-30561
#131730 01/10/05 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Rosie.. for the info.. checked it out..looks interesting! I am totally psyched that I have already lost 6 lbs. I gave up all sugar in my diet, except natural sugars like fruit sugars. I have two eggs, one piece of toast with a little bit of butter or margarine, and coffee with just a little bit of cream. For lunch I have half a sandwich and a salad, and for dinner I have a little bit of lean meat, but mostly vegetables and rice. I eat a piece of fruit inbetween if I get the munchies, and drink at least four bottles of water a day. I have started Jazzercise, which is fun, fun, fun!! I feel tons better already, and my energy level has totally peaked. Amazing what will power can do!

#131731 01/11/05 08:11 AM
hello all newbie here witchy, just to say i stopped smoking 6mths ago and up to now i have lost 2 stone dont ask how dont know!!! [or care ]

take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time. all you need is LOVE xxxx
#131732 01/11/05 11:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Witchy..Good for you!!!!

And, yes, love is definately a big part of the equation. If we are unhappy with who we are.. or what we have... and not looking at changing that... those comfort foods seem all the more appealing.

I have an interesting story about that.

My husband is full blooded Polish. He grew up in a family where food was equated with love. Mashed potatoes smothered in butter, rolls, and meat were all part of the everyday dinner. I, on the other hand, am a nibbler. I eat small meals a few times a day, and thrive on a more or less vegetarian diet. We met about 6 years ago, and I weighed 135 lbs. I adopted his eating habits at some point, because he was home more than I was, and he loves to cook. So, consequently, I gained weight.

Interestingly enough, the heavier I got and the more unsatisfied I was about that.. the more he tried to feed me. I realized that if he did not know what to say or do in a situation, food was always the answer.

This diet I am on is harder for him than it is for me at this point. The first thing he says when I come home from work.. is... what did you eat today.. are you hungry?

Hard to convince him that I am fine, and that he does not have to feel guilty eating his usual foods.

#131733 02/03/05 08:37 AM
Linda have you had your colesterol levels checked? 2 eggs a day seems far too many to be healthy to me.

My aim is to ensure everyone reaches their optimal weight and body shape.
http://trimlikeme.net/?refid=bw-30561

Moderated by  AltmedVictoria 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.