logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
American soldiers are dying in Iraq - over 40 this week. I think, that the pres. Bush should at least try to pretend that he cares about American in Iraq and be in the White House or at least visit the military in the hospital or be present at their funeral, but now, he is in his ranch in Crawfort...

Is this a proper behavior for a commander in chief?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
It seems that Bush the father predicted it properly:

Excerpt from "Why We Didn't Remove Saddam" by George Bush [Sr.] and Brent Scowcroft from A World Transformed (Alfred A. Knopf, 1998)

"While we hoped that popular revolt or coup would topple Saddam, neither the U.S. nor the countries of the region wished to see the breakup of the Iraqi state.

We were concerned about the long-term balance of power at the head of the Gulf.

We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq. The coalition would instantly have collapsed, the Arabs deserting it in anger and other allies pulling out as well.

Under those circumstances, furthermore, we had been self-consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-cold war world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the U.N.'s mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression we hoped to establish.

Had we gone the invasion route, the U.S. could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land. It would have been a dramatically different--and perhaps barren--outcome."

http://americanassembler.com/issues/iraq/prewar_warnings/Bush%20and%20father%20at%20odds.html

E
Koala
Koala
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Jagahost, PolishCulture:
[qb] American soldiers are dying in Iraq - over 40 this week. I think, that the pres. Bush should at least try to pretend that he cares about American in Iraq and be in the White House or at least visit the military in the hospital or be present at their funeral, but now, he is in his ranch in Crawfort...
Is this a proper behavior for a commander in chief? [/qb]
This is what I was saying. No matter what happens in the country or the world, Bush spends more time on vacation than any other president in U.S. history. Besides, Bush has NEVER attended the funeral of a soldier killed in Iraq, and the Pentagon has refused to allow services to be shown on television. He wants to make it as hard as possible for the American public to see just how deadly a campaign the American military is in.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Eric,

the Bush is the only president which seem to be very relaxed in the office as like... he did not care or maybe it is just... that he is not needed in the office because he has other people doing his job.

I was not a fan of Clinton, but Clinton at least wanted to solve Midle East problem and he became grey after this and Lewisnky [censored].

To correct you Bush visited one funeral but it was only in the time when America was still during the first month in Iraq - officially it was the only time when the USA was in war with Iraq - now is just a stabilization action.

I think, he also visited a hospital recently, before going to ranch.

But he is not a flip-flopper like kerry. He is not going to change any policies in Iraq...

Shark
Shark
im trying to find something wrong with this...i mean he is safer there than in washington, that is the life of the rich and famous, rarely aloud to if ever to walk down the street.

not just that but he gives less interviews than any pre existing president, that and considering his jokes on WMD and about Rumsfeld, the two of them can laugh it off, others cant.

IMHO CIA instigated the Shiites & Sunni to unite & rebel to smoke them out, then put them down with overwhelming force. This will allow USA to dictate the formation of the Iraqi Government in June. USA might use low level neutron bombs.

Bush reminds me of Khruschev when Soviets invaded Hungary in 1956.

Watch events unfold.

E
Koala
Koala
E
Quote:
Originally posted by sciwriter:
[qb]Bush reminds me of Khruschev when Soviets invaded Hungary in 1956.[/qb]
Even Hungarians are now beginning to believe that the CIA played quite a larger role in the Hungary affair than was previously believed. After all, if there was ANY chance in Eastern Europe for a communist regime to be destroyed during the Cold War, the U.S. was guaranteed to be there, fighting for "freedom".

Shark
Shark
good point, i might add,

what i dont understand is that the region is a junction of many religions being Islamic, is what your saying that they are insighting religious upheaval?

if so than the stronger party takes control with the help of america, if that is so than didnt Saddam already do that some 50 years ago.

So than the US will then decide who is capable of taking control, not neccasarily by strength, they may give control to the losers, I get it now.

This effect weeds out terrorist fundamentalist followings and renders them without power, only to rise and hide again using violence to regain power or attempt to influence?

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Quote:
Originally posted by ryanzarnowski:
[qb] im trying to find something wrong with this...i mean he is safer there than in washington, that is the life of the rich and famous, rarely aloud to if ever to walk down the street. [/qb]
But what is this president for? Should he protect American people or American people should protect him, especially after he starts the wars based on lies.

USA will control Iraq. It will make the "winning" Islamic faction a surrogate. That's why CIA instigated the present Iraqi rebel attacks. The "winning" faction will look like heroes to Iraqi people, but America will pull the strings. USA previously used Saddam as a surrogate, but this time it'll be more controlling.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.