Hi everyone,

I don't know how many of you get the Antiques Roadshow but a very interesting quilt was shown this evening. I took one look at it, gasped and ran to my bookcase. One look at my copy of "Patchwork" by Averil Colby and the quilt matched the one in the book.

The expert didn't even realise but this is a quilt chosen by Averil Colby, the great English patchwork and quilting historian of the 1950s and 60s, to write about in one of her books. She chose a range of quilts which were museum pieces and the finest available to review in her books and that to me puts it in quite a different category, we even know the maker now.

I have posted about it on the BBC Discussion Board here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?find=%3C1095012508-22825.197%40forum0.thdo.bbc.co.uk%3E#mid and unfortunately the page on which the quilt should be is coming up as a broken link so I can't show it to you! I've e-mailed the BBC to report this broken link so hopefully it'll be fixed soon - will post it when it's fixed.