Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#112348 04/17/02 02:49 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
How is everyone doing this week? What quilting projects are in the works right now?

Hope to see everyone posting in this forum soon!

Tammy

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#112349 04/18/02 06:25 PM
This week has been busy for me. I finished up a watercolor log cabin wall hanging over the weekend, along with a small dog quilt. That is, the quilt was for a dog. I'll be posting pictures of those soon, but first I have to mail them to the recipients. There's a little quilt for the cat, too. Sydney and Emma both made a set of four-patch blocks for a swap, and I made a set of 3" nine-patches for a swap of mine. I started making blocks for a charity quilt, but it's been so hot that I haven't done much on it yet. I just started it last night. I'm strip-piecing a log cabin quilt, and we'll see if I end up having enough fabric. I'm using some that was donated to our group. Oh, and I made a very small wall hanging for Todd's cubicle. It's a landscape quilt of a waterfall-very quick and easy. I was pleased with how it came out. I'll be starting my Lord of the Rings blocks soon. I thought I was going to start them this week, but I need some metallic gold fabric to start the pattern I made for Sting (a dagger, for those who are uninitiated). I tried to find something to make it glow in the dark blue, but everything glows green or orange. Oh, well! I plan on devoting a large portion of web space to the fifty blocks that are being made for this swap, so you can all see what a fantastic job that is being done.

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength
Philippians 4:13

http://crochetparadise.blogspot.com/
#112350 04/19/02 10:54 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Wow! Laura you have been busy especially since you're in the process of moving into your new home, homeschoolling, etc. I haven't done much of quilting since January.

I still haven't finished Greg's quilt, but I do have all the rows sewed (except for one, waiting for some fabric from my MIL). I have about three - five quilts in my head that I will be doing. I just need to buy the patterns and such. Three of them are for friends that live out of state.

Another one is a T-shirt/Sweatshirt quilt. My plan is to use the T-shirts as the front and the Sweatshirts as the back. I don't think I'm going to put batting in between and will just tie it together...what do you all think? I figured the sweatshirts will be heavy enough.

Then the other one in my head is just one I need to begin to start using the fabric in my stash! But all of these probably won't get started until around mid-Summer or so.

We're still painting my house. Monday we finish the stairwell and hallway. Then we'll start work on my bedroom and the bonus room. So...that's my creative life in a nutshell!

Wow! This was long...

#112351 04/19/02 01:26 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Good to hear from you guys! Laura, it sounds like you have been busy with quilting!

Kathy - I wonder how that t-shirt/sweatshirt quilt would be made up like a shaggy quilt? It might be hard to sew the "X" if there is printing on the t-shirts though. Good luck with your painting!

Tammy

#112352 04/19/02 02:16 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Laura - I did some looking around for glow in the dark products and found this:

[url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

#112353 04/19/02 08:09 PM
You weren't kidding about the first one being pricey. I swear I looked and looked through page after page of thread and didn't see any of that! The second link looks promising. If you see any paint that glows blue, I'd be interested in that, too. Thanks! You may have saved me with that thread. Yay!

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength
Philippians 4:13

http://crochetparadise.blogspot.com/
#112354 04/20/02 01:01 AM
Hello, I have just found this forum and I am keen to make friends with like-minded people. I love quilting which I have been doing for about 12 years. Still have lots to learn. We are a bit behind in Australia with quilting products etc. so it good to read what it available elsewhere. We are catching up though!! At the moment I have put my sewing on hold so I can give my sewing room a good clean out. Boring, but necessary!! Hope to talk again soon.

You have no idea how much you guys mean to me....
#112355 04/20/02 12:35 PM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Hi SueM!

Nice to meet you and glad you could join us. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

#112356 04/20/02 12:38 PM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Quote:
Originally posted by Tamara Bostwick:
[qb]Kathy - I wonder how that t-shirt/sweatshirt quilt would be made up like a shaggy quilt? It might be hard to sew the "X" if there is printing on the t-shirts though.[/qb]
Hmmm, What if I, depending on the design of the shirts, only sewed the *X* as much as possible? Meaning...the center of the *X* wouldn't always be there, but the arms would. Does that make sense? I'll have to organize all the shirts and see how that would work.

#112357 04/22/02 11:01 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
SueM, how's your clean up going?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.