logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I understand how you feel. I am not a counselor, but here goes.

You feel used. At some point, don't a lot of us in relationships feel the same?

It must be tough trying to cope in a new country,

How about looking for someone in your own neighborhood, not on-online??

Some of the nicest most interesting people you could meet may be very close to where you live.

However, like a lot of us, you may have to be willing to face the fear of rejection.

No risk, no reward!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I agree with the advice the others have given. You need to spend some time here taking care of yourself. What is done is done with him, you probably learned a valuable lesson and if you really think about it you got out of it quickly and without a lot of long term trauma. Many people who make that sort of mistake then get stuck with years and years of pain and agony. So at least you guys broke up quickly and now you are free to lead a full, happy life with greater knowledge than before.

A person can just about always find happiness where they are, if they *want* it. There are people out there with little food, no real home, little possessions who are completely content. Compared to them, us people with places to live and computers and jobs are kings and queens. So for us to be unhappy is pretty silly. We need to appreciate all the great things we have in life, and to treasure them.

I agree with the others too about your daughter being an adult now. Yes, it's hard to let go. The whole 'leaving the nest' is traumatic for ANY parent, be it bird, lion, or human. But it is a required part of life. In order for her to succeed as a happy adult, she has to be on her own and she will make mistakes. She will learn from them and get stronger. If you try to shield her and watch over her, she won't get strong. And since you can't be there forever, *now* is really the time to have her learn those lessons, when you are still there as a "last ditch safety net". But if you keep that net too close, she'll never really test her wings.

P. Pureheart
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.