logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#108764 06/08/04 02:21 PM
OP Offline
Hello, I just found this site a short while ago, and wanted to just say hello, and that it is good to see a forum of people who love fragrances. I own a fragrance business because I love fragrances from Alfred Sung to Cool Water to Zino. The strange thing about it is if I smell too many different scents, it triggers a headache. I really enjoy fragrances in business, whether natural fragrance oils or authentic colognes and perfumes. I hope my enthusiasm is as great as yours.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#108765 01/18/05 02:46 AM
Hello, Masonika

I am new here as well. And I do adore perfumes in a crazy way. If I tell you how many bottles of perfume I have, you'll say I am absolutely crazy, but I happen to be a perfume-maniac!! Loooool

Well, smelling too many scents is too bad for your sense of smell and sometimes it leads to headache as you said, but in order to overcome this problem I advise you to do either of these two ways: between smelling every two or three scents try to smell some coffee (the poweder itself, not the drink, and don't sniff it!!! just smell it) and wait for a minute or twoo before smelling a new scent. the second way is to smell nail polish in the same way. after that you will be able to distinguish smells better

I hope I could help a little

see you around

Every time you go away
You take a piece of me with you
#108766 01/27/05 12:22 PM
Hello from another new member of the forum! I'm so glad that other people enjoy discussing frangrance because it is also a passion of mine. Growing up my dad would give me a little sample bottle or two of perfume on my Birthday and so I have a sample perfume bottle collection of about 50 bottles. I too suffer from perfume headaches when say, I go into department stores' makeup departments and the air is full of perfume, or if I put too much scent on by mistake. I suggest smelling something any citris fruit; not sure why but it always clears my head. What has helped me is to turn to very light and natural oils and scents. I've really learned a lot from the people I work with. I work for at wholesale beauty and skincare retailer that sells tons of great products for everything from wrinkles (like strivectin) to skin rashes. And I've learned that even if a product is very effective, if it has an unattractive or overpowering scent then people won't buy it. I can look at sales sheets and see that the products that consistenly sell are the ones that smell amazing; I think that a lot of people take their sense of smell for granted.

Love yourself, love your life, you're all you have.

Moderated by  Juliette-Fragrance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.