logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
blu354 Offline OP
OP Offline
Patchouli is one of those fragrances that people either LOVE or HATE...there's not very many in-betweeners.

So, which are you? Do you love it or hate it?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I think it's on the strong side, but like everything in life there is a place for it. It wouldn't be good behind an elegant meal (too heavy) but it might be great when watching a movie about religion or something, drinking a heavy wine smile

Last edited by BellaOnline; 10/10/12 02:51 PM.

P. Pureheart
blu354 Offline OP
OP Offline
Good point, Lisa.

Me...I happen to like it, but not as much by itself as when blended with other oils, like Cinnamon and Sandalwood.

Anyone else have an opinion on Patchouli? Feel free to chime in! smile

Last edited by BellaOnline; 10/10/12 02:52 PM.
I love Patchouli. I particularly like it blended with Sandalwood, during my meditation sessions, or after cleansing my house; I find it grounding and clearing to burn it as incense as well.

How do you blend incense? It so happens that today I was going through one of my kitchen drawers that had all my incense in it and moved it all into another one to try to organize it. I mostly have long sticks and cones. Do you burn two side by side? Most are unlabeled and long since lost the packaging so it's sort of a random selection as to what one smells like smile

Candles are easier, I'm burning a vanilla candle right now

P. Pureheart
I'm not crazy about patchouli it gives me a headache for some strange reason. I took my kids to an aromotherapist who created blends for each of them and my daughters had patchouli in it. i had to have hers remixed without it, because it just made my head hurt. It's not that i dont like the smell, it just literally makes me feel bad, it's totally weird.

Elephant
Elephant
I have a hard time with it as a scent myself...

One of the best overheard lines from someone else's conversation I ever heard was on Haight St in San Francisco one day. As I walked by a group of three or four people sitting on the sidewalk, one man turned to the woman sitting next to him and said "oh sure! just dump patchouli all over everyone!" Guess they were having a bit of a rough day....

- Rae

Amoeba
Amoeba
You are right; you either love it or hate patchouli. I love it; my daughter hates it. She says that it smells like dirt. Many scents fade on me. Patchouli seems to last. I buy the oils. I also like the incense too. Oh well, to each his own. sincerely, moose

FOW Offline
I have used Patchouli. In house cleaning and during meditation.Although quite strong, I use small amounts of the oil and blend with Sandalwood,it's ok.

I love it but not many people around me do. So I usually use the straight scent in the confines of my room.

When out and about, I usually mix the patchouli with vanilla and sandalwood. And I sometimes use patchouli as a base for regular perfumes that are flowery like Anna Sui.

I also discovered a wonderful scent at Bath & Body Works. Jasmine Vanilla is part of their aromatherapy line and I get so many compliments about it. It's jasmine and vanilla mixed with a base of sandalwood and patchouli.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Juliette-Fragrance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.