1. Ladies - If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking,
drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant
Real Woman - If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too
damn bad. Please recite with me, The Real Women's motto: "I made it and
you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes."
2. Ladies - Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on
your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
Real Woman - Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink. You
might still have the headache, but who cares?
3. Ladies - Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to
prevent ice cream drips.
Real Woman - Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for
Pete's sake. You are probably lying on the couch, with your feet up, eating
4. Ladies - To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the
Real Woman - Buy boxed mashed potato mix and keep it in the pantry for
up to a year.
5. Ladies - When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit
of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the inside
of the cake.
Real Woman - Go to the bakery -- they'll even decorate it for you.
6. Ladies - Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield
a beautiful glossy finish.
Real Woman - Sara Lee frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg
whites over the crust, so I just don't do it.
7. Ladies - If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dish washing
gloves. They give a non slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
Real Woman - Go ask the very cute neighbor guy to do it.
And finally the most important tip...
8. Ladies - Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for
future use in casseroles and sauces.
Real Woman - Leftover wine??
NOTE: A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend
will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"