Lisa, it is the responsibility of all people to be sure of what we are ingesting. The way that I see it is if I cannot pronounce it I won't eat it. Read the labels. Veggies are good, certain fruits, legumes, barley, whole or milled, quinoa, no additive peanut and almond butter, Basmati rice is safer than regular rice and is cheap if purchased by the 10 or 25 Lb. bag from India. You will find it on line. It comes in a colorful burlap cloth bag with a handle. Bread made from rice and barley flour are far better for you that even wheat flower. Any mom or dad that loves their kids must observe in detail what they are eating. White sugar and flour are no nos. Lisa, my family always said that if you eat live things, grains, fruit, beans, and veggies you are sustaining your own life. Yeh we all junk out at times, in these days it is a necessity once in a while but then we have to return to a safety zone. I have lots of good information about this as a relative of mine practices an Ayurvedic Yogic lifestyle. We eat good tasting wholesome fresh safe foods and feel great. I wish that for everyone. dave

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 11/19/12 04:41 PM.