Dear Kelly Jayne -

Thank you for your kind and helpful words! He does have an office upstairs but it is literally so filled with junk that we can't take a step into it. The junk comes right to the door. There are numerous boxes in there from his work office where he was laid off I think 6 years ago. So I think it's emotional, that he doesn't want to deal with that stuff. But it means that "his room" is inaccessible and cannot be used.

So therefore he has taken over the living room, where he is all day. That is the main room one walks into when one enters our house, and it is jammed full of stuff all over the floor and in piles.

My office is off the living room so I have to go through it to get to the kitchen. I admit my office is not "neat" but at least I can walk through it.

Thanksgiving is coming so one concern is that the dining room can't even sit 3 people right now - and my father is coming over. This causes me stress, that we can't even fit at guest at our table right now.

But with both of us recovering from a very serious case of poison ivy, it has been hard to do anything but sleep.

Hopefully now that the itching is finally starting to subside, I can tackle this one piece at a time.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum