I'm finding that when you research your family, you find many secrets. It might not be news to you, but it could be to someone else you link to through your searches.

I connected with a cousin who denies their grandfather (my uncle) had a second marriage or that his father had a second marriage and that I'm related at all. The records prove it and I even met the man on many occasions. It seems that his family was kept in the dark about our side of the family.

You have to be careful when you expose a family secret. Unfortunately, I have lost that contact now to get information because of it. They don't want to know that any of that happened. Wording correspondence diplomatically doesn't always work. You do the best you can and hope that they'll come around and work with you again on your family project.

Then you have the others that you connect with that relish these secrets. LOL To a fault actually. I'm trying to find the middle ground of truth through it all. Talk about detective work!!!!