DECEMBER 2010. I've been doing a new set of Editor's Picks. This link will always take you to the most recent selection: Astronomy Editor's Picks

Top of the list is a biog of the great American astronomer Annie Cannon. It's the anniversary of her birth next week and she should be better known - not only as an astronomer but as a tireless fighter for women's rights.

The 500th extrasolar planet was discovered a few days ago. These are planets orbiting other stars. Why not find out a bit about how we discover them?

With Christmas coming up, I've included two book reviews of books I particularly liked. Maybe there's someone on your list who would also like them.

Venus is bright in the early morning sky and figures in two articles -- one of them is about telling a planet from a UFO, since Venus is the biggest culprit here.

The body of Tycho Brahe, one of the fathers of modern astronomy, was recently exhumed. It's not everyone who is still in the news four hundred years after his death. Read more about his life.[b][/b]

Last edited by Mona - Astronomy; 11/13/11 12:11 PM.