Hey Fran! Thanks for sharing the great news - I am so glad to know that your daughter has taken to it already. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

Pam W
SE of Seattle

iPhone and iPod Touch Apps - Childhood Disability

Proloquo2go for iPhones and the iPod Touch

Originally Posted By: leefran36
Hi Pam,
Thanks for your analysis. After talking with my husband, we gave Voice4u a try and let my girl use it. At first, she tapped "hungry". She must have been hungry as I was preparing dinner.

Then, I loaded my husband's and my pictures. As soon as he was home, she tapped the "dad" icon. We were so glad to see that. At last, my daughter is expressing herself! We are going to be using this application for the rest of winter break. I'll tell this wonderful experience to her teachers in the new year!

Thanx!
Fran

PS
They have nice intro & tutorial vids on their website.
voice4uaac.com

Originally Posted By: SNC_Editor_Pam
Hi Fran,

I took a quick look at the web page for Voice4u, thanks for the link! ...
... I see the price of the Voice4u is much less than Proloquo2Go - $29.99 rather than $189 - but have not seen either video to compare various features. I am strongly in favor of providing alternate ways for children to communicate so I'm happy to see both apps available. ...
Thanks again for mentioning this app.

Originally Posted By: leefran36
Hi,
My 7-year-old daughter is autistic. She has trouble with expressing her emotions. Proloquo2Go seems to be good to go. But I also heard about Voice4u, and I'm thinking of trying it, too. Is there anyone who bought it already? Was it easy to use?
Proloquo2Go
Voice4u

Thanks!
Fran

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website