Hello all.. I have been searching the internet and such trying to find a solution to my problem and anyone that can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a neurosensori hearing loss, severe, in my right ear. It causes me to not to be able to identify where sounds come from. I also get tinnitus and vertigo. I have tried headsets at the sporting goods store that are rated 30DB (that is the only other than online like 22 DB?)to block out noise. When I put them on the man at the counter was talking and the phone was ringing at the other side of the store and I could hear both. I have a touch of hyperacusis in the good ear which creates problems that I can hear things that sometimes aren't there. I can't distinguish from real sounds external to when I'm watching TV and other sounds are interfering. I have to put the TV on pause to determine if it's in my head or external. External I can't hear the TV as the external overpowers the TV. I can't talk on the phone even with the TV low as it interferes. I really need to find a headset that will cover my ears and provide almost "deafness" to me. My neighbors are rude, rev their doolies, blast their music, and have 5-7 dogs that bark. I need to have some kind of reprieve by putting on head sets that will block out noise entirely to keep my sanity. can anyone maybe explain the difference between 22db and 30 db in headsets and or where I can find some that would work for me. Ear plugs can work if I'm laying on my good ear, but when I get up, ear plugs don't stay in my ear. None of them do, so they are useless. Hearing doctors in my small town don't have a clue. I need at least some deafness time to decompress. Thanks..