Thanks to everyone. Now I have an idea and a question. We have on hand, an extra twin mattress which, if we knew how to build a suitable platform, could become a "sofa." I know NOTHING about construction. Does anyone out there have a clue how to explain to me how to construct the platform?

I'm really good at sewing. Once the platform is built, I figure we can cover the mattress with a tailored cover and make a large bolster pillow to use as the back of the sofa. This contraption would also have the advantage of doubling as a guest bed. We could take off the tailored cover and replace it with sheets for overnight company.

But, this project will never get off the ground if I don't get some REALLY specific instructions on how to build the platform. Incidentally, the platform would need to provide enough height to bring the mattress up to a good sitting level.

Thanks to anyone who can advise me. I do know what a hammer and nails are, but that's about the extent of my construction knowledge. Cutting boards seems rather daunting to me! Please help!!!

cela