Ever since the school shootings have been raised in the media, the mention of gun control has come up quite frequently.

Let's talk and open up this forum.....

Personally, I do not have a gun and probably never will. I am afraid one day it could be used against me if I ever tried to use it to protect myself.

I grew up around a father who did trap shooting and had many rifles. Guns were for recreation, and killing animals for meat in the winter. The guns were in a storeroom, not in the house. They were also locked up in a cabinet in that storeroom.

Dad taught us how to use a gun, but it was never to be pointed at anyone. In fact, even when we were using our hands as a play gun, we couldn't point our finger at anyone.

I have found out in the last year what made my father so adamant about that. When he and my aunt were young, their neighbor in Washington, DC had a gun. His kids were playing and one of the boys shot his sister to death. That was back in the 40's.

Remember the myth about the movie, "Three Men and a Baby"? If you watch when the camera pans across the room in a scene with Ted Danson and his mother, you see a boy in the corner. It is a standup cutout of a person that someone forgot to remove from the scene.

Rumor had it that it was the ghost of a child that died in the house they were renting as the movie set. It was an urban legend, but what a statement it made about accidental shootings!!!

Guns can definitely get into the wrong hands. Columbine, Kent State, The Amish shootings, NIU, Virginia Tech, the sniper attacks,......and unfortunately the list goes on.........

Do you have a gun? How do you use it? How do you keep it out of the wrong hands?