Dear Seeking Peace,

I have read your posts as well as the many replies. The one thing that concerns me is your concentration on the details of the drama between you and your in-laws. Getting them to understand you is not your problem. Finding a diagnosis is also not your problem, especially if she is unwilling to do anything to correct it. The only problem I see here is that a child is suffering through this terrible ordeal between you and your wife. This child is also potentially in a dangerous and violent envirornment. This should be your one and only focus. There is another way, and it is the only way that you should be considering to get some help, and that is to contact your local child protective service agency. They will come to your home and investigate your situation. If what you describe is accurate, they will require your wife to seek help and they will guide her through it. If they deem her mentally unfit and she refuses treatment, she or the child will have to be removed from the home until she is fit to raise a child. This may require you being prepared to be a single parent if you have to. Their first priority is the child and that should be yours as well. They are a never-ending source of guidance, counseling and referrals to whatever services your family may require.

Good Luck & God Bless