I had a miscarriage on October the 3rd 2006 at 16 weeks and the doctors said they think I have a incompetent cervix.
I had abnormal cells in my cervix and had to have a lletz (I'm in Australia it could be called other things) which is a electrified loop to cut away the cells. The doctors dont think this has anything to do with the miscarriage.
It took us 7 months to get pregnant and when we finally did everything was fine until 5 weeks when I had a bit of spotting, went to the er and they said it was fairly common and to go home and hope it stops. It did and everything was going really well but then I had more bleeding at 15 weeks went to the er again and they did an ultrasould and he was moving and gave us a little wave, he had a strong heartbeat so they sent me home.
I had a cold the week before and had a lingering cough and kind of felt funny everytime I coughed the week leading up to the miscarriage. I remember I threw up about 10 times a couple of days before and I wonder if that was a sign or something.
The day I lost him I worked all day(childcare)but was having these weird back aches and didnt really know what to do with myself, I never for a second thought I was miscarrying bcoz there wasnt any blood and I didnt know what being in labour felt like. Anyway my amniotic sac started coming out and when I saw a obgyn she accidently broke my waters with a speculum. I couldnt or wouldnt get him out and when they eventually took him out I had to have contractions to get the placenta out and couldnt do that either. They gave me a spinal block and did a manual extraction in the end but couldnt give me a d&c bcoz my uterus was too thin. A week later I had a big bleed and ended up in the er again, but they didnt do anything just told me to come back if it happened again.
My body has gone back to normal now although I cant take the pill coz it makes me a bit crazy now, but I took the same one for 6yrs before.
I'm wondering if anyone knows if they did the right thing with me? Has anyone else had a miscarriage after the same procedure?