I would have to say my all-time favorite lipstick is the MAC Lustre formula lipstick.

Now these can range from sheer to quite sheer, so there isn't the same color payoff as with full-coverage lipsticks. But oftentimes that's what I want. I prefer natural-looking lipsticks, quick and easy to apply, pretty low-maintenance, moisturizing...this formula is all of those things and more affordable than higher end.

My favorite all-around shade is Sophisto...this is a soft wearable rosy berry shade with a little bit of shimmer.

I also own Strawberry Blonde (this was limited edition...it's a warm coral pink, a little bright, no shimmer) and Spice It Up (sheer warm brick red, no shimmer).

I've also tried Viva Glam V (neutral rose pink with silvery-golden shimmer) and Jubilee (my least favorite in the end, I think the others are prettier...it's sheer pink-red-brown with no shimmer).

Clinique Butter Shine is another lovely sheer formula, same price as MAC.

On the full-coverage side, I've recently gotten into Lancome Rouge Sensation (more expensive, but excellent quality). I own only one of these but it's to die for, Baie Velvet (a wonderful muted watermelon red color).

Today I tried out a sample of Chanel Hydrabase Creme lipstick. Hmmm...it's good no doubt, not sure yet about coughing up for a full size.

Neutrogena MoistureShine tinted lip balms are as good color-wise as lipsticks. Less staying power than a lipstick, but they have SPF and are very moisturizing.

Last edited by Colleen_S; 04/12/06 03:53 PM.